It’s Family Dining Month! Don’t forget: dinner should not have all the family dining fun. Check out this delicious and nutritious ‘no bake monster cookie bites’ recipe from Genesis Health Club and make them the night before for a stress-free breakfast.
After making this fun snack, be sure to sign our Family Dining Pledge before the final drawing for prizes on Friday, Sept. 28.
No Bake Monster Cookie Bites Recipe
By: Tori Halbur, Diet Technician and Nutritionist, Children’s Hospital & Medical Center in Omaha
During the school year schedules get SUPER crazy and busy sometimes. Having a few tasty, easy, and healthy snacks on hand are always a great go-to. These healthy no bake monster cookie bites are packed full of key nutrients such as fiber, protein, iron, potassium, B vitamins, omega 3’s, antioxidants, and so much more! These healthy snacks are good for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator. Easy for kids to make as well.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 mini chocolate chips or M&Ms
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 flax seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until mixed well.
- Scoop 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons of mixture at a time. Press mixture between your hands to get the mixture to stick together, roll into a ball, and place onto a cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Voila! ENJOY!!