Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season, encouraging people to contribute to their desired causes and organizations.
Will you consider giving to Live Well Omaha this holiday season? Here are some simple ways to donate:
- Text to Give – Make a secure one-time donation to Live Well Omaha by texting GiveLWO to 44321.
- Paypal – Make a secure one-time or monthly monetary donation to Live Well Omaha through Paypal. Give now
- TAGG – Download the Together A Greater Good app to your smartphone, and use it at over 100 local businesses who will donate 5% back to us! Get the app
- Amazon Smile – Every time you shop on Amazon by visiting the AmazonSmile homepage first, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of eligible purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. Set up your account
- Giving Assistant – Earn cash back from your online purchases and easily donate your earnings to our cause. Shop, earn, donate—all in one place. Learn more
I utilize these great resources and give to Live Well Omaha because I want every kid to be able to eat well and be active – no matter who they are or where they live in our community.
A donation to Live Well Omaha on #GivingTuesday helps provide healthy living resources and tools to those who take care of and protect children; such as families, school personnel, health practitioners, and elected officials. These resources are the result of our collaboration and collective work with public, private and not-for-profit entities in the Omaha metro area.
Did you know that in the Metro Area, one in four youth are at an unhealthy weight?
Helping all children grow up at a healthy weight is important to Live Well Omaha Kids. Live Well Omaha Kids, under Live Well Omaha’s leadership, has a mission is to work collaboratively to reduce and prevent childhood obesity in Greater Omaha by creating healthy environments for all children and families through advocacy, education, policy development, and environment change. In my role as Director for Live Well Omaha Kids, I have the honor of working for this cause every day.
This generation is reported to be the first to live shorter lives than their parents, but we can come together to make changes in our community and rewrite this story. All children deserve to be healthy and live up to their full potential.
Please join me in supporting Live Well Omaha this #GivingTuesday.
Sheena Helgenberger – Live Well Omaha Kids Director