Nebraska Governor Pete Ricketts and City of Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert proclaimed September as Family Dining Month and the momentum around this campaign was exciting!
- On September 7, Family Fare hosted a community meal, handing out free “to go” dinners to families. Live Well Omaha Kids was also there to sign people up for the Family Dining Pledge and give kids chef hats and placemats with the help of volunteers from the Junior League of Omaha.
- On September 12, we were on WOWT. Check it out!
- On September 17, we went to the Capitol! Read more here.
Prizes and Partners
Live Well Omaha Kids would like to thank YOU for your commitment to cooking and dining together more as a family. As a result of promoting Family Dining Month, we received 104 new pledges! We were able to award 30 prizes (for a value of almost $3,000) to support families in eating well and moving more.
This year, many of our community partners helped promote Family Dining Month:
- Boys Town
- Charles Drew Health Center
- Children’s Hospital & Medical Center
- Family Fare Supermarkets
- OneWorld Community Health Centers
This month was made possible with funding from CHI Health.
We also appreciate these area businesses for donating campaign prizes: